_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Heng Long 1/16 Tiger I
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 03:58 PM UTC
Anybody have any info on this tank,how accurate or toy like is it,will it just take a little painting and weathering to make it look a little more realistic.how does it run,I was able to order one for $49.00
any info will be appreciated
esc71
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 222 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 05:32 PM UTC
From the pics I have seen it appears the gun mantlet is on upside down. I did see a forum post somwhere mentioning the barrel being too short. Both probably easy to fix. I just may have to snag me one of these to spruce up and chase the kids with. There are several on ebay.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 06:19 PM UTC
I told my wife it was going to be my new toy to chase the cat around !!!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 08:46 PM UTC
Not another cat chaser? Looks like the Large Scale Forum here has been yanked. There are alot of HL tankers at RC Universe that make over their Tigers that can offer some suggestions.

JAT
Jeff
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

From the pics I have seen it appears the gun mantlet is on upside down. I did see a forum post somwhere mentioning the barrel being too short. Both probably easy to fix. I just may have to snag me one of these to spruce up and chase the kids with. There are several on ebay.

Yes, mantlet is reversed from where it should be. Barrel is too short as a concession to airsoft BB mechanism.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 08:57 PM UTC
Not just a cat chaser, it will see of small dogs as well...

Tiger frolics

This is with nearly drained battery, with a fully charged pack the thing rips like sh*t of a shovel
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 09:54 AM UTC
fixed the link to youtube
HansBolter
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 04:08 PM UTC
Gentlemen beware.

I purchased one of these tanks 4 days ago. Yesterday a fraudulent charge for over $400 dollars appeared on my bank statement form a Hong Kong bank!

I'll be spending my day today at my bank trying to get the charge removed and my current debit card canceled and replaced.
Calamity_Jane
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 05:29 AM UTC
I have the Tiger I and the Panzer III..... nice models in the main apart from the 'differences' noted above. The Tiger is much too fast for the tank itself and the period and can do with some serious slowing down.
The Panzer III is about right for speed so I wonder why they did one fast and the other right?
But the recoil....... wow, talk about smash it about a bit. Far to much with the whole tank moving violently. The obvious fault with doing this is when the turret is turned to fire from the side the recoil is exactly the same.
Otherwise and for the price they are good little models.
Heng Long have provided a half decent 40Mhz radio which is more than can be said for the Hobby Engine Abrams.
That's my humble opinion anyway.....
I also have a re-electroniced Kubelwagen, Tigers I and II and a Leopard 6 A2, all Tamiya full kits now built and a Tamiya Knight Hauler, the Heng Long models above and the Hobby Abrams.
I have just ordered a second Leopard for the Challenger II in 1/16 I am scratch building.

Calamity.

jjbphotography
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 09:22 PM UTC
With a bit of effort this can be made to look very realistic. definately not toy-like. See 'my photos'.

John
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 08:30 AM UTC
Great!
footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 305 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 - 12:09 PM UTC
i was looking at some of the other R/C web sites looking info on H/L tiger 1, according to them the H/L tiger dimentions are spot on apart from the barrel, heng long took their measurements from the tamiya 1/16th tiger, the detail aint too bad for what you pay, its a great kit to super detail . i paid £40 for mine thats with smoke and sound. the PZ III is very good also, H/L are about to release a 1/16th stug lll as well, its like being a kid all over again (with cold professional eyes footsie waits for the enemy tanks to move a little closer, then the trap is shut , his massive tiger breaks cover and thunders into action) ha ha ha!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 - 06:24 PM UTC
I have the Pz III and considering that its RC and made by Heng Long its not bad, I have it as a long term detailing project so some of the functions have to go - the bb gun and smoke so far - maybe allso the wery bright frontlights.

Overall dimensions looks fine compared with "official" measurements, but the tracks could do with replacement as they lack the open guidehorns -since that means that I will have to pay more for the tracks than for the tank itself, its a upgrade on permanent hold

Pics can be found here: http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/20242

I have allso considered the Tiger, it seems to be a very nice base for detailing, likewise the pershing, but the socalled Panther is pure cr*p

Cheers
adam777
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 08:01 PM UTC
can someone tell me where from i can get a RC tank with smoke . i have a 1/30th Sherman M4A3 Radio Controlled Tank and i want a new one . i checked it on some sites but i did not find.
Adam smith
[email protected]
Nitrotek
 _GOTOTOP