_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Looking:Kirin Super Jeep & Commanders Otter
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hi all.

I am looking to buy or trade for a 1/35 Kirin M151 Super Jeep Conversion and 1/35 Commander's Series Canadian Otter Armoured Car. If you have either one and you are willing to deal, please contact me direct at [email protected] and we can try to work something out.
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 03:24 AM UTC
Not sure if it's the same thing you're looking for, but the Czech firm JP Hobby do several full-resin kits of the Super Jeep 6x6. Oh, and completely unrelated but more on-topic, they just released a kit of the Skoda PA-2 "Turtle" armored car, with markings for pre-war Czech, pre-war Austrian and WW2 Waffen SS markings. Due to the current non-mighty status of the dollar, it's a wallet-burning $120.

Oh, back to Super Jeep - there's two versions listed. The one that's out now has the 37mm AT gun fitted to the back and is...$120. There's another due later this year with a pretty chunky flatbed trailer.

Pics and stuff can be found on www.panzership.cz - lots of interesting stuff to be found here if you like poking around and looking at stuff you can't afford.

Hey, Pat, does something like the SA-8 Gecko's launcher count as WarWheels fodder? 6-wheeled fairly lightly armored chassis carrying AA missiles. CMK has a kit of another vehicle using the same basic 6-wheeled carrier, only carrying an SS-21 Scarab, in the works too.

Oh, and Panzershop themselves have a Trabant 601 NVA (the "East German Kubelwagen") coming too, which I'm sure a lot of people are just dying to add to their collections
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:17 AM UTC
The Super Jeep you are referring to is TOTALLY different than the one I'm looking for. The Kirin "Super Jeep" really is a USMC FAV/DSV conversion for the M151 Mutt. The one you refer to is based on the WIllys Jeep and has 6 wheels. Of course, I'd like to get that one too!!

Yep, the wheeled Missile/Rocket Carriers count toward WW too!. I have a 1/72 Retrokit 9P129 Tochka (SS-21 Scarab TEL) kit I plan to get up.... someday.
 _GOTOTOP