Creating and/or sculpting and painting figures from History and the depth of imagination. Those "legends of War" we grew up with, heard aroundthe fire or learned about in our search of knowledge.
This can be from:
Mythology of any Culture (Hercules, Wu Zetian, Cincinnatus, Queen Bodica);
Or Actual “named” War Hero (Roland, Conan, Sgt. York, 2nd Lt. Sanders);
Or Legendary Events or moments in time or battle (Marathon, Waterloo, Stalingard, Tet);
Or Some future or Fantasy Battle (Scottish Troops liberate Edinburgh 2050 AD, Mars invaded by Uranians, Middle Earth...)
Era: Ancient times to today and in the Future and Fantasy
The Rules and Regs
Rules of Engagement
1. Single figure, vignettes, and diorama
2. Battle/Campaign Uniform or Dress.
3. Scenery, building, and partial vehicles permitted (No full vehicles permitted)
4. Any Scale.
5. Final Entry to include 2-4 Pictures, Category/Class and list of original figure's manufacturer and basic building/painting /groundcover process – Not an encyclopedia or “How to Book”, just the basics.
6. When you display your final work in Forum, please include an overview/bio on the subject of your work. Again, not a “Thesis” Paper, but an information paragraph to help us enjoy your work even more.
a) Kit Figures - Stock or Minor conversion (i.e. adjust pose, etc).
b) Kit figure - Major Conversation.
c) Original Sculptures.
Campaign ribbons created by John Neill.
You are encouraged to share you progress over the legend of the campaign... If possible Note it "Legends of War - [your name]" in the subject/topic line
Have a BLAST!!!