More than anything this campaign is a nostalgic group build centring on the 1/76 armour kits of the former Matchbox manufacturer. Many modellers remember these kits from their past with affection and this campaign is a chance to relive part of that history. Your mission is to start and complete a build of either an original Matchbox kit or the Revell re-release of it.
The Rules and Regs
1. Either an original Matchbox kit or a Revell re-release of a former Matchbox vehicle kit are permissible. Construction may begin on or after the launch date and not prior. If in doubt, please ask in the appropriate forum.
2. Out of box (OOB) builds are encouraged. Deviations from OOB builds should be limited and represent minimal variation from the original.
3. The original bases for these kits must appear with the completed model. Minor embellishments of the bases such as foliage, minor additional terrain features, grasses or soil/dirt are permissible.
4. The modeller is permitted to make minor corrections or additions to enhance the model. These can include but are not limited to clear windshields/windows, antennas, resizing of small oversized pieces (ie-machinegun barrels, grab handles) and external stowage. If in doubt, ask.
5. Use of original decals is encouraged but not mandatory.
6. Enjoy this blast from the past and above all HAVE FUN.
Entrants that complete their build and submit at least one photo of the completed model will be awarded the prestigious campaign ribbon. Multiple submissions are welcomed but only one ribbon per entrant will be awarded on completion of the campaign requirements.