Armorama is the leading site on the internet for the military scale model enthusiast, many of us in the hobby are prior service or are currently serving on active duty throughout the world for our respective countries. Here's your chance to build a model of what you did while in the military service of your country, air, land and sea are welcome and encouraged. The campaign is also open to law enforcement, fire and first aid members as well. Build a police car, fire truck, first aid vehicle or do a diorama depicting a scene you've been involved in, show off your service to others!
Vehicles of all types that show what you did, aircraft, armor, softskins, boats, figures to represent you as well are great! If you can't find a vehicle you were involved with, build something that was on the base where you were.
Air, land and sea are all invited (yes, even space for those space defense people) as well as law enforcement, fire and first aid and we hope will be represented in this campaign.
The goal of this campaign is to honor all those who have served, in all military jobs, from ALL countries. Honor your service and this site with a scale model record of your service to your country, or that of a loved one who has served their country.
Let's show off Armorama's Finest!
The Rules and Regs
This is a very open build, NO scale restrictions, no kit restrictions etc.
- You MUST have fun!
- ANY scale is acceptable, from micro to macro are invited. Build any scale you wish to represent your military job in.
- To allow maximum participation to honor all who have served, existing builds ARE allowed to be showcased in this campaign.
- Models can be straight OOB, scratch built, kitbashes, diorama's of a scene from your military career etc. (anything goes)
- No restrictions on the amount of kits you can build and submit, one ribbon covers all.
- If you can't find something to build that you were involved with, build something that was on the base you were on. Maybe you were a computer tech in the Air Force, there's not too many scale models of PC's but you can always build a model of an aircraft that was on the base where you were stationed.
- When you submit your model image(s) you are strongly encouraged to include an image(s) of yourself, in uniform and if you can, with the vehicle you've built a model of.
- If you haven't served but a family member has, honor them with a build. Submit an image of them with the images of your build!
- Minimum of one photo of your build, 3 maximum.
This is a non-competition campaign, the goal is to honor all who have served or are serving in their nations military forces.
Ribbons will be awarded to all who complete the campaign.
Start date is NOW.
'End' date is 12/31/2005
While this campaign has an end date, it is not a conclusion to this campaign. The end date is mainly for ribbons and those who are not on active duty, so we may have a target date for ribbons to be awarded.
Active duty personnel have NO end date, you may complete and submit as your deployment schedules permit. Even with an 'end' date this campaign will continue on, accepting submissions from new military members as well as new Armorama members as the come aboard and wish to contribute.