The figure comes in a 6x12x2 blue cardboard box with a color photo on the front side.The photo shows the figure painted by C.Pennatini
and can be used as the painting guide. All parts are secured in a plastic bag and sandwiched between two slabs of thick gray polyfoam.
Painting document in 2 languages (Italian and English) is also supplied in the kit.
The figure is sculpted by Luca Marchetti
(known as PegasoMod in Armorama) and made up of 10 white metal parts. Casting of all parts is very clean, crisp and well detailed. Parts fit very good and I noticed no seam lines on the figure except a hardly visible line on the helmet. As a standard step to make it shine before priming, I advice you to brush the figure with an old toothbrush.This process makes details clean-visible and priming helps paint adhere much better on metal figures.
The main piece is body part with head, torso and legs cast as one piece. Facial details are well defined. He wears a helmet with reinforcements and ear guards over his chain mail coif covering his neck and shoulders. The torso is very well detailed ; he is heavily armored with chain mail over his tunic and a scale mail over the chain mail. The breast and back plates with flower decoration,plate straps and belts are well defined. There are small receiving holes on the figure to attach the accessories like scabbard and 2 quivers. He wears pants and boots with spurs.
Other parts are;
- Right arm in chain mail holding longsword.
- Left arm in chain mail posed to carry shield. There are 2 small mounds for a correct fit to the shield.
- Kite shield. The wood effect on the rear side and rivets are well defined. The front side is smooth to paint different decorations. Russian noble knights had colorful and charming geometrical or floreal decotarions as in boxart.
- Quiver for bow. Flower design on it is a complementary detail to flower decorations on the breast and back armor plates.
- Ouiver for arrows.nice details on arrows and designs on the quiver.
- Spurs(2 parts)
- figure base with a nice ground texture and small rocks.
High quality casting, ease on fit and cleaning, crisp details, well defined decorations, nice posing and pleasure of painting a colorful figure. I think Pegaso added another masterpiece to Elite Series.