Received the Panda Models M1235A1 Maxxpro today along with the Harris and SINCGAR radio sets and AN/VIC-5 Intercom Set from Mike's MS Productions By Michael Goldberg via Shapeways.
Along with the build/review I will be doing of the Maxxpro, I will also be giving a tutorial which radio is which and how to wire them correctly. I also managed to have an extra FBCB2 screen, keyboard, CPU, DUKE box, and DVE screen in the spares box. These are all missing in the kit.
There is already a video here on Armorama showing the contents of the box, so I won't bore you with all that stuff again and get to the nitty gritty.
Of course we started with STEP 1. Before attaching anything to the main hull floor, part D12, I went ahead and added the non-slip material on the floor. Tamiya tape was used to mask of the area where the coating is supposed to be. Mr. Surfacer was stippled in the exposed areas with a cut down flat brush.
The rack between the drivers and passengers seat was next. The photo etch bent easy and fit well. The HARRIS radio set will be on top and the FBCB2 CPU will be on the bottom of the rack. Panda Models had I don't know what molded on the bottom rack, so I removed it and filled in the hole with thin plastic sheet and Squadron White putty.
On the real vehicle, there is a cable conduit between the drivers and passengers seat and runs along the right of the passengers seat. There is nothing on here between the seats on the Panda kit.
You can see the conduit here on the Branco instructions sheet.
We will add that before we add the seats using plastic stock. I will show that in the next update.
I ended this session with the seats. There is one minor and two major issues with the seats. As far as the seats themselves are concerned, they are nice. The minor issue is that they lack seats belts. I was thinking about using the seat belts from Eduard MRAP set, but those are 3 point harnesses. These are the seat belts for the Maxxpro:
I will use Tamiya tape and plastic stock for these and find something for the buckles.
The two major issues with the seats are that the lack the rope and mesh ratchet system that holds the seats up and the attachment points for the seat belts and seats on the floor.
Here are the seats:
Well, that's it for tonight. Next update will be STEP 2 and after that I will start tackling the COMMS and the issues with the seats.
****NOTE: In my kit, Parts F56x2 where both short shot, but it really didn't hinder the build. I will show a picture in next update.****