1⁄1Next Generation Campaign round up
IntroductionWelcome to the round up of the Next Generation Campaign which ran between January 1st and May 30th 2011. The aim of the campaign was to get members and children of members to complete a model, and in some cases was the first model they had ever attempted. There were eleven members under 18 who started this campaign and eight of those members completed their builds by the deadline.
- John-Paul Foster (jaypee); Johnís four year old son built and painted with a lot of help from his dad a 1/72nd scale Hurricane.
- Neal Logdahl (HipKitty); Nealís son Mason built a 1/35th scale Tiger 1 with full interior.
- Russ Amott (russamotto); Russís two sons Andrew and Adam both completed models. Adam built a solar powered transforming robot, and Andrew attacked his dads stash with a vengeance building a number of both aircraft and armour subjects in various scales.
- Nick Zourbakis (NickZour) built a 1/72nd scale Stuka.
- Stanley (stansmith) built a diorama in 1/35th scale in order to show of a Panzer IV at its best.
- Kimmo Rajala (casualmodeler); Kimmoís two sons started the campaign with one completing a Komet, with which he also entered a local model competition winning a prize there as well.
- Brian Brown (BrianBrown75) completed a 1/35th scale King Tiger which puts my efforts to shame.
supportersThe campaign was supported by Mig Jimenez of AK interactive and Iain Hamilton of AK interactive USA who supplied a DVD (Washes, Fading, and Oils) plus Mig Jimenez also signed a certificate for every member. Jim of Large Scale Armoury supplied one of his 1/24th scale multi media kits. Armorama member Milvehfan generously supplied a 1/35th DML Panzer IV as a prize. Last and by no means least the KitMaker Network and its staff provided the remainder of the prizes. I hope you will all join me in congratulating those who completed the campaign, and thank those who supported it.
Copyright ©2019 by Darren Baker. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2011-06-06 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 14774