||The Trumpeter Kit
First of all, the name of the model is incorrect. The EE-T1 Osório
was the only series ever built. The EE-T2 designation was to be used on the
model built for export to Saudi Arabia, and that never happened.
The kit is very good overall, with a tan plastic. But be ready, because
there are a lot of flaws to be cleaned-up before you can start gluing. Here
is what I discovered in each assembly phase.
- Wheel Assembly 1: just a lot of flaws to be cleaned.
- Lower Hull Assembly 2 and 3: should fill the lower hull holes with
plasticard and putty.
- Rear Panel Assembly 4: I replaced the jerry cans (the kit supplied are
awful) and I also made new Jerrycans holders from aluminum foil, the piece
C6 should be glued on vertical position (and not inclined as ordered on
the instructions) so we should, first of all, fill up the holes and glue
the pieces in the correct position. The piece B7 also deserved a little
attention, making and detailing a new cover with plasticard. I made a
spare shoes holder from aluminum foil, and a new fixing support was made
for the tools (piece D10).
- Track Construction 5: it has some holes to make adjustments, in my
case, I used the last 4 and it was still sagged, and I had to underpass it
under one of the return rollers (since it will not show after the side
panel was in place).
- Fore Upper Hull Assembly 6: I didn't use the headlights (pieces D5 and
D6) because I didn't see it in any of my references. The rear mirrors
(pieces D1 and D2) were detailed with a new pole and placed in the closed
position (it was only used when parking), the tools weren't glued on the
muddy, I also detailed the muddy guard with a thin stripe of aluminum
foil. The tool (D7) was glued in position and detailed with aluminum foil.
- Rear Upper Hull Assembly 7 and 8: I built it according to the
instructions, with no modifications.
- Upper Hull Assembly 9: I left the tracks to be build later. Every tool
was glued in place and detailed with aluminum foil and wire. I preferred
to glue the side panels after overall painting. I did all hatches and
- Main Gun Assembly 10: I used the 120mm main gun (to the Saudi Arabia
version), detailed the pieces C1 and C2 with a soaked paper with white
glue + water, to simulate the canvas cover of the gun, I also drilled the
main gun mount.
- Turret Assembly 11, 12 and 13: this step was the longest and demanded
more job, I started building the rubber pad that covers the gun mantelet
using dentist rubber sheet, I glued all transparent parts of the
periscopes (pieces: D3 and D4) and put some white glue to mask for
painting. I made a new piece B26 with aluminum foil and corrected the
positioning for the B35 (more to the left side and not for the right side
as indicated on the instructions). I made the detailing of the upper hinge
on the turret upper rear door (B16) and a new lower hinge for the same
door. Also detailed the rear turret part (B16) adding a circular piece to
the left side of the door and a few others small parts in scratchbuilt. I
put handles, when necessary on the boxes and panels doors, using thin
wire. Detailed the .50 machine gun making the support in aluminum foil, I
also used another ammunition box (from my spare parts box). On the coaxial
7,62mm machine gun (D23) I drilled and glued a syringe needle with the
proper diameter. I replaced the pieces C3 and C4 by scratching them with
aluminum foil. Last but not least, I made two antennas using a guitar wire
cut in the proper size (10 feet = more or less 3 meters), using the 1/35th
scale rulers (thanks Gunnie! J).
And the assembly is finished, so let's move to the painting and weathering