_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Interesting Figure Set from DML
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:59 PM UTC
Dragon Models have just announced a NEW, 1/35th scale figure set - 6703 - ''March to the West'' Western Front 1940 with some very interesting aspects to it.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

smydi01
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 219 posts
Armorama: 197 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 11:10 PM UTC
Thanks for the review.
More Germans and one is pointing!
I'm Happy
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 11:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeez! I missed that one!
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 11:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's Dragon's, what did you expect?
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:08 AM UTC
Funny - or at least a different approach - you get 4 seperate figures and not 4 interacting figures.

Still, if the price is right it might be worth buying the set for just 1-2 of them instead of going down resin alley.

Cheers/Jan
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 01:25 AM UTC
For me the only interesting aspects of the set are that it is early war and the weapons being of the gen 2 variety... Otherwise I think it is an unimaginative set. Dull poses. The everlasting pointing figure and the rest simply looks as if they also have no clue what to make of the set.
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 02:50 AM UTC
david_t
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:40 AM UTC
The set seems very boring, not sure if any of the figures would be of any use.
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:43 AM UTC
Wow more Germans ,looks like a map reading exercise lost in the woods which way Hans sez he to the pointing chappie.Nothing new here early weapons sprue from the Germania set, sorry to say but Dragons releases are becoming boring
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 06:50 AM UTC
I'll most likely pick this one up for the Gen 2 gear alone
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 07:24 AM UTC
Uninspiring IMO - now why doesn't Dragon do us all a favour and release Gen2 weapons and equipment as separate sets from mediocre figures?

I'm sure they would sell thousands.

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 11:03 AM UTC
What's the long phallic-looking thingy the panzer guy is holding - a German version of 'Steely Dan' ?
"Jah, ist 'Eisen Erik' !!"
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 12:41 PM UTC
"Boring figures" is only limited by a boring imagination. Of course these four figures cannot be used in a diorama by themselves, but any one of them can be used in conjunction with other figures by MiniArt, Masterbox, Dragon, etc. I don't foresee a use for any of these particular figures at the moment, but I'll probably buy a set anyway when they become available.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 01:29 PM UTC
Moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...........Wow more Germans. What a surprise.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...........Wow more Germans. What a surprise.

Well, (and i'm at the point of setting this to music ) German STILL sells. Personally speaking, I find it a lot more interesting than some of their other releases.

So, DML continue announcing German figure sets. It's precisely what they do. With that in mind, 3000 people have actually read the News Report

On the other side of the coin, today is Thursday. Since monday, there have been no less than FIVE News stories which have included British/Commonwealth figures. Now, only a year or two ago, there would have been 50 Reports on German figures with (at best) 1/2 covering Allied.

Times HAVE changed..
grom
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 09:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"Boring figures" is only limited by a boring imagination. Of course these four figures cannot be used in a diorama by themselves, but any one of them can be used in conjunction with other figures by MiniArt, Masterbox, Dragon, etc. I don't foresee a use for any of these particular figures at the moment, but I'll probably buy a set anyway when they become available.

Ouch, perhaps I should have worded better uninspiring is perhaps a better description penned by Andy, all I am pointing out as have many on this site is the lack of imagination on the part of Dragon who led the market with Gen 2 but is now lack lustre and becoming increasingly expensive as opposed to other manufacturers, sorry but I could,nt afford to purchase this non discript set just in case.....
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 01:54 AM UTC
Jim : time have changed but Dragon didn't..

Julien
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 637 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 02:41 AM UTC
Well at least dragon is putting some sort of action poses into there figs.
One of my biggest complaints with the resin figs is that they have not been putting much action into there poses.Running,jumping,crawling,throwing grenades,climbing etc...i think you get my drift.They just keep putting out figs just standing there with their arms at there side or pointing.How many of these do we need??
I for one would love to see some change as I believe this would open up a big market for us who want to see some action.War is about action,not just figs standing there looking stupid.
Anyone else agree
Just my two cents
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 03:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not in these ones they aren't...
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 03:30 AM UTC
For anybody into figures, this set would make a very nice study of German uniforms with plain, camo and rubberised effects. Good quality, easily built and would look great as four stand alone figures. Why do all sets have to be geared towards a diorama straight from the box.

Quoted Text

"Boring figures" is only limited by a boring imagination

Id have to agree! Well said Biggles.
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 04:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not in these ones they aren't...

Well then take a look at Alpines new poses.I bet I can count no less then 7 sets from them with guys just standing there with arms crossed,at their sides or in pockets etc....More expensive and less figs.
I know the quality and detail on Alpine is far beyond that of the Dragon figs,but so is the price.I would bet there is not much difference in cost of producing them though.When you take into account the cost to sculpt,make molds and actual cost of materials.
These comments are not meant to be NO disrespect to either of these companies as I own many set from both of them and will continue to buy from both.I just want to see some more action!!!
Bringing up this point,how many companies have figs that are actaully looking like they are firing a weapon?New releases?Running?Jumping?Crawling?
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 04:12 AM UTC
Franck, sorry, but for me those figures are boring as hell !! There is no interaction, no story told, and frankly you have to be Steven Spielbierg to make a good story out of them. Ah ok, you can make the motorcyclist dancing polka, the ss drink a vodka and the panzerwaffe guy trying to kiss the whermacht guy who refuse his proposal. Apart from that, nothing else comes to my mind.

Regarding rubberized, camo, etc, there is just already one thousand like this on the market. And thanks to Dragon we will pass the 2 000 before next christmas.

And frankly I don't spend 20$ in a kit just for 1 submachine gun and 1 machine gun...
Conclusion, I don't see ANY interest in this kit.

Best,
Julien
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 04:14 AM UTC
Mike, Masterbox is exploring any and all action poses that could have been seen during a war.

Best,
Julien
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 04:22 AM UTC
Julien,
I posted comments about the new set they put out!
Bravo Masterbox!!!!!
I am sure they will see some of my money!!!
Keep up the great job Masterbox!!!!
Again NO disrespect to any of the other manufacturers!
It just looks like Masterbox is looking to expand their customer base!!Very smart businessmen/women they have working for them!!!
grom
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Franck, sorry, but for me those figures are boring as hell !! There is no interaction, no story told, and frankly you have to be Steven Spielbierg to make a good story out of them. Ah ok, you can make the motorcyclist dancing polka, the ss drink a vodka and the panzerwaffe guy trying to kiss the whermacht guy who refuse his proposal. Apart from that, nothing else comes to my mind.

Regarding rubberized, camo, etc, there is just already one thousand like this on the market. And thanks to Dragon we will pass the 2 000 before next christmas.

And frankly I don't spend 20$ in a kit just for 1 submachine gun and 1 machine gun...
Conclusion, I don't see ANY interest in this kit.

Best,
Julien

My sentiments exactly Julien, similar weapons are available with the Germania set, as Andy stated uninspiring... and yes to be blunt boring there Iv'e said it again
 _GOTOTOP